Thursday, February 27, 2014

An Amazing Book and Story God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew

God's Smuggler




When I was a young adult I read this book for the first time and I was moved and amazed at Brother Andrew's faith and courage. I was touched and probably even today I think about his faith and trust in God. When I was first sick and in a wheelchair I remember thinking back on this book and how Brother Andrew trusted God to protect him and use him and I think it was a blessing that I had read this book because it reminded me to trust and not be afraid of what was ahead that God was using me.


This book is about Brother Andrew answering God's call to take Bibles into Communist countries behind the Iron Curtain during the Cold War. He put his life in danger to do what God called him to do. He blessed so many believers by taking them Bibles so they would have access to God's word. God protected him and lead him to the people he need to take them too. It is a book of faith, courage, obedience and trust in a Faithful Loving God who if he calls you to a job He will use you in a special way and protect you. I must say this book now and when I read it as a teen reminded me to live my Faith and to obey God and let him use me in anyway He sees fit. It is a book I recommend to others all the time.


One of my favorite parts is when Brother Andrew is being searched at a border and he has the Bibles and knows that if he is caught with them it could mean his going to prison or his death. He simply prays and believes God heard him and would answer him.
"Lord, in my luggage I have scriptures I want to take to your children Across this border. When you were on earth, you made blind eyes see. Now, I pray, make seeing eyes blind. Do not let the guards see those things you do not want them to see" from God's Smuggler By Brother Andrew.


If you want to read something the will encourage you please take the time to read this book. I highly recommend it.




Until the Next time:


GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE, A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP ON READING!



No comments:

Post a Comment