Thursday, February 6, 2014

Throwback Thursday A book for all times

The Cross and the Switchblade When I was a teenager I read just about everything I could get my hands on. I loved to read. One of the best books I read at the time was The Cross and the Switchblade by David Wilkerson. I read this book then re read it and it so moved me that I wanted to be just like David Wilkerson and work with troubled kids. I would still recommend this book to people today.

David Wilkerson went into the streets of New York and told the kids in the gangs about Jesus. He had such faith in God that he put his life on the line to reach out to the gang members and try to help them come to know God and to be changed. I wanted to have that kind of faith and just knew God would want me to work just like David Wilkerson. This never happened it wasn't in the plan for me but what was found by reading this book is a new found faith and trust in God, trusting him to see me through anything. I think this is one of the first books that I read as a teen that had a big impact on my life, so that is why I picked it for my throwback Thursday book today.

What was the first book that you read that really  had an impact on you? Leave a comment below and share the book with us.

Until next time:

GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE, A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment