Friday, June 14, 2013

A Good Series Postcards From Pullman by Judith Miller Review

 Hope everyone had a great weekend and a good week.  My husband and I enjoyed the nice weather by going on walks at the park this weekend. Over the weekend we walked over 5 miles, which we didn't do all at once, but over the whole weekend, which for someone who was in a wheelchair for years and is now out for the last 3 years is not bad. If you want to know more of my story go to http://debforb-fromwhereisit.blogspot.com/  . Reading ,walking, spending time with my husband and seeing my kids and grand kids makes for a great weekend.

I know these books have been out for awhile but I just got around to reading them. I gave them to my Mom for Mother's Day a few years back and she enjoyed them. I decided to read them and I loved them. I am talking about the Series Postcards From Pullman by Judith McCoy Miller
 In the Company of Secrets (Postcards from Pullman #1) Book 1 In the Company of Secrets (Postcards From Pullman) by Judith McCoy Miller
Olivia is in service, in England, to Lady Charlotte's family. When Olivia has trouble, and  Lady Charlotte has troubles of her own they run away and go to Pullman IL. Olivia gets caught up in Charlotte's lies as well as her own.  This is a good book. If you like books on early American history or history of Pullman Rail Cars you will like this book. Olivia learns a good lesson that lies tend to come back to haunt you even if you think they are told for a good reason. I highly recommend this book. It gives you a good lesson on Pullman and the town, it has romance and twists as well as a good lesson in truth and accountability. I really enjoyed the book and series.

Whispers Along the Rails (Postcards from Pullman #2) Book 2 Whispers Along The Rails (Postcards From Pullman) by Judith McCoy Miller
More talk of unionizing the workers for the Pullman company is spreading around Pullman IL and Olivia working still as assistant chef but Mr Howard has her riding the rails finding ways that Pullman can improve, or so that is what he has told her. Things are unsettled in Pullman and she is caught in the middle. Charlotte is living in Chicago and we find she is learning about being humble and getting a second chance.  This book is all about doing what is right, God's forgiveness, and second chances. You have romance, mystery, redemption and history rolled into a good book.

If you want to know more about this series and other books by Judith McCoy Miller visit
http://judithmccoymiller.com/

If you would like to know more about Pullman IL and Pullman Rail Car Company go to
http://www.pullmanil.org/
http://chicagohs.org/history/pullman.html

Will be reading the third book in this series soon and will let you know what I think.
For now:

GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE, AND A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP READING!



No comments:

Post a Comment