Friday, January 29, 2016

A Story of Love, Faith, and Discovery in Anne of Green Gables My Daughter and Me by Lorilee Cracker




Anne of Green Gables My Daughter and Me by Lorilee Cracker is a funny, emotional story of love, faith, discovery, and forgiveness all by weaving  the stories of being an orphan,  it is the story of the  author, her daughter and how their stories were the same as  Anne of Green Gables in so many ways.

If you are, or know someone who has been adopted you will want to read this book for sure. The author takes you on the ride through life of the highs and lows while explaining the emotions one feels on being orphaned and adopted.  It is a wonderful book that gives the reader insight in an unique way of all the feelings that happen when a child has been orphaned, adopted and how to move on. It is also about a journey to finding oneself and where they fit into God's plan and life. If you ever have felt like you weren't good enough or felt like you were on the outside looking in then read this book and see how the author found her way through these same feelings.

It is a good book and even though I never read Anne of Green Gables, I know I must be one of the only people that hasn't, I still loved all the parallels the author shows you in her own story and her daughters. I found that at times the book moved slow but it is well worth hanging in there and moving past those slow spots. I think it is a story that needed to be told and the book is well worth your time to read.

If you want to learn more about this book or author go to:
http://tyndale.com/Anne-of-Green-Gables-My-Daughter-and-Me/9781496403438#.Vqu6U5XSnIU

http://lorileecraker.com/


If you want to purchase this book you can go to:

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?isbn=9781496403438&event=AFF&p=1023387

http://www.amazon.com/Anne-Green-Gables-Daughter-Belonging/dp/1496403436/ref=sr_1_1_twi_pap_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1454095098&sr=1-1&keywords=anne+of+green+gables+my+daughter+and+me

I received this book from Tyndale Publishing for my honest opinion and review.

Until Next Time:

GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE, A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP ON READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment