Friday, March 14, 2014

Throwback Thursday One Of My favorite Authors and Book Lighthouse by Eugenia Price

Lighthouse (St. Simons Trilogy, #1)


Lighthouse (St. Simons Trilogy #1) by Eugenia Price is a must read for anyone who loves historical fiction.  I love how Eugenia Price is a master of bringing the area and people to life in her books.  I love Eugenia Price books. This is a great read. Historical fiction based on a real place. Combines my love of lighthouses, history and a good read.




This is the first book in the St Simons Trilogy. James Gould has a dream to build a lighthouse so he works hard to make the money to move to St Simons and get the contract to build the lighthouse. This is his story and struggles to make his dream come true.  This is a story of determination, faith, hope and yes love. A mans love for hard work, his land and his family. I can not tell you how much I loved this book and trilogy. This is a book that I have read more than once and will read again.


Eugenia Price brings to life the St Simons area and its history by making you feel the struggles and hopes as well as dreams of the people. She paints a picture of the Island and surrounding areas and makes it a place you want to visit.


I highly recommend this book and the series. The other two books are just as good and when you finish them you want more.
The two other books in the trilogy are New Moon Rising (St. Simons Trilogy #2)
and The Beloved Invader (St. Simons Trilogy #3)
New Moon Rising (St. Simons Trilogy, #2)     The Beloved Invader (St. Simons Trilogy, #3)


I hope if you haven't read this book and series you will. I think once you have read this series you will want to read more of Eugenia Prices books. She is a master at historical fiction.


Until next time:


GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE, A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP ON READING!











No comments:

Post a Comment